Country Traditionals are the main UK importers of the hand crafted, hand decorated stoneware made by Ceramika Artystyczna in Boleslawiec, Poland. Ceramika Artystyczna is the oldest and, we believe, the best pottery workshop in the Boleslawiec region. Their designers are highly talented and the production techniques employed are superb. The factory has won many awards over the years for the quality of their design and production, including the prestigious TUV quality certificate.
Each item the workshop produces is fired twice at temperatures in excess of 1250°C, classifying it as STONEWARE rather than earthenware – this makes the pottery chip-resistant, oven-proof, microwave and dishwasher safe. The pottery is lead- and cadmium-free and has passed rigorous FDA tests in the USA.
We only sell first quality pottery from this factory.
Here are a few interesting facts about the people who make our pottery and the way it is made..
- Each artisan undergoes an artistic training of 2 years before becoming a decorative artist
- Each piece is glazed twice by hand
- Plates and bowls are hand thrown, other pieces are shaped with the use of moulds which have to be frequently replaced
- High quality ecological paints & glazes are used to decorate the pottery
- The decorative patterns are stamped and/or painted onto the pottery before firing
- Each artist cuts the patterns he or she needs to use out of the dense inner core of natural sea sponges
- All items are oven / Aga microwave dishwasher safe and do not stain.
- Does not stain & cleans perfectly after each use.
- Strong hard wearing suitable for everyday use.
To ensure your pottery is produced by Ceramika Artystyczna, look out for either of the trademarks shown below - one of these will be stamped on the base of each and every piece produced by this workshop.